My Keto version of the ultimate breakfast comfort food; Keto Biscuits and Gravy
This biscuits and gravy recipe is absolutely delicious and easy to make!
This delicious comfort food brings together tender and flaky keto biscuits smothered in a creamy, flavorful gravy. It creates a mouthwatering dish that will leave you feeling satisfied and ready to tackle the day.
The combination of hearty biscuits and creamy gravy makes it a substantial and fulfilling brunch option. They are perfect for those lazy weekend mornings when you want something comforting and indulgent.
The richness of the gravy, made with savory sausage, complements the buttery goodness of the biscuits. It creates a delightful symphony of flavors that will have you coming back for seconds.
The best part is that this keto-friendly version allows you to indulge without guilt. The biscuits are made with low-carb ingredients. The gravy can be thickened using keto-friendly alternatives, making it suitable for those following a ketogenic lifestyle.
|PREP TIME||15 minutes|
|COOK TIME||25 minutes|
FOR THE SAUSAGE GRAVY:
- 1 lb Breakfast Sausage
- 2 oz Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 cup broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
FOR THE BISCUITS:
- 1 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp COLD Butter
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
TO MAKE THE SAUSAGE GRAVY:
1.In a medium saucepan over medium heat, cook the Sausage. Set aside.
2.To the same saucepan add in the cream cheese, heavy cream, and bring
up the heat as you whisk the mixture. About 5 minutes
4.Add the sausage to the gravy and continue to whisk for 2-3 minutes until
the Sausage Gravy is thickened.
5.Add broth to thin it out.
To make the biscuits:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line or grease a muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour and baking powder.
- Add in the salt, garlic powder, and chili powder and combine well.
- Add in the cold butter and cut it into the mixture using two knives or a
pastry cutter. The mixture should have a crumbly consistency.
- Meanwhile, whisk the egg whites until they are fluffy. This is an important
step to making the biscuits light and airy.
To make the biscuits:
- Gently fold the egg whites into the flour mixture.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop in the biscuit mixture into 8 muffin slots.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until biscuits starts to get golden brown on top.
If the Sausage Gravy isn’t thickening as much as you would like, you can add
in 1/2 tsp of Xanthan Gum. First, whisk in the Xanthan Gum with 1 tbsp of warm
water in a separate bowl before adding it to the gravy.
Nutritional Information is for 1/2 cup of Sausage Gravy and 2 Biscuits
|Serving Size 1||Amount Per Serving|